Total Time: 1hr 5min
Prep: 20 min
Cook: 45 min
Yield: Makes 8 pieces
- Heat oven to 350°F. Toast walnuts on a sheet pan for 8-10 minutes, cool and then coarsely chop. Set aside.
- Line a baking pan with aluminum foil extending 2 inches over both short sides of pan. Grease foil, and set aside.
- Whisk butter, xylitol, eggs and vanilla extract together in a large bowl.
- In another bowl whisk almond flour, guar gum, baking powder and cinnamon together; stir into butter mixture until well combined. Stir in walnuts.
- Spread evenly into prepared pan. Bake until puffed and set, and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean (top will not be browned), about 45 minutes.
- Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Let stand until set, about 1 hour. (The recipe can be prepared up to this point, covered with plastic wrap and stored at room temperature overnight.)
- Firmly gripping the foil on both ends, lift blondies out of pan, and place on work surface. Cut into 8 pieces, and serve.
Recipe adapted from Atkins.com