- 4 tablespoons Almond Flour
- 1/8 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 3/4 cup Xylitol
- 1 1/2 ounces Unsweetened Baking Chocolate Squares
- 5 tablespoons Coconut Cream
- 2 large Eggs (Whole)
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup chopped English Walnuts
Total Time: 26 min
Prep: 20 min
Cook: 6 min
- Preheat over to 350°F. Lightly toast walnuts in an even layer on a cookie sheet for 6 to 8 minutes. Cool, coarsely chop the walnuts and set aside.
- Put oven up to 375°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or aluminum foil; set aside.
- Whisk 4 tablespoons almond flour and baking soda together in a bowl; set aside.
- In the large bowl of an electric mixer, beat eggs and xylitol together on medium until light and slightly thickened. Place chocolate, coconut cream and butter in a microwavable bowl; microwave on medium until butter has melted and chocolate has softened (it need not be completely melted), 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes; stir until smooth.
- Gradually beat the slightly warm chocolate mixture and vanilla extract into the egg mixture. Reduce speed to low, and beat in flour mixture, just until combined. Cover, and chill until thickened, 30 minutes.
- Drop slightly rounded teaspoonfuls of dough, 1 inch apart, onto prepared sheet. Sprinkle tops of cookies with walnuts, lightly pressing into dough. Bake until cookies are just set but soft on top, 5 1/2 to 6 minutes. Cool cookies on baking sheet 1 minute before transferring to wire racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.