- 3 large Eggs (Whole)
- 1/4 cup Coconut Milk Unsweetened
- 1/3 cup Xylitol or Erythritol (optional)
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 7 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1/4 cup Almond Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 tablespoons SANE Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 4 ounces Coconut Cream
Total Time: 22 min
Prep: 5 min
Cook: 17 min
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare a muffin tin with 6 paper cups. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk the eggs with the coconut milk, 1/4 cup xylitol, vanilla, black food coloring and 3 tablespoons melted butter. Set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk together the almond flour, baking powder, SANE Cocoa Powder, baking soda and salt. Add to egg mixture whisking to incorporate all ingredients for about a minute. Divide batter into the 6 paper cups, place in the oven and bake until fully set in the center; about 15-18 minutes. When done, set on a wire rack to cool.
- Make Frosting: In a small bowl, beat the coconut cream with an electric mixer until smooth. Add 4 tablespoons (1/4 cup) softened butter and continue to beat another minute. Add the remaining xylitol; beat another minute then add vanilla and food coloring as desired. Adjust for sweetness by adding a pinch of stevia if desired. Frost cupcakes using a piping bag or by hand.