- 4 stalks Rhubarb
- 1/2 cup Tap Water
- 1/3 cup Xylitol
- 3 1/2 cup halves Strawberries
- 1/2 tsp Guar Gum
- 1/2 tsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 8 serving SANE Pie Crust
Total Time: 2hr 40 min
Prep: 2hr 25 min
Cook: 15 min
- Prepare SANE Pie Crust according to recipe. Pre-bake the pie shell.
- Chop rhubarb into 1-inch pieces and place it in a medium saucepan over medium heat with the water and xylitol. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until rhubarb is very soft, about 10 to 15 minutes. Turn heat down to low.
- Add berries, thickener, lemon juice and salt and stir until thickened, about 3 minutes. Pour filling into prepared pie shell.
- Chill until set, about 2 hours. Serve with coconut cream, if desired. Makes 8 servings.