Total Time: 20 min
Prep: 20 min
by Carrie Brown (enjoy more recipes and amazing cook books by Carrie)
- Place hemp milk, peanut butter, xylitol, cream, sea salt, and vanilla extract into a blender and blend on high until completely smooth.
- Add the protein powder and blend briefly, just until mixed in.
- Turn the blender to low speed and through the opening in the blender lid tap the guar gum into the mixture while the machine is running.
- Blend for no more than 5 seconds and turn the blender off.
- If you do not need the blender jug, put the lid on and place in the ‘fridge for at least 4 hours until the ice cream mix is very cold. If you need the blender jug, transfer the ice cream mix into a jug or other container and cover before placing in the ‘fridge.
- Once the ice cream mix is very cold, freeze in your ice cream churner following the manufacturer’s instructions. This usually takes 20 – 30 minutes.
- Once the ice cream mixture has churned into “soft serve” consistency, quickly transfer it from the churning bowl into your pre-chilled container, and place in the freezer overnight.
For more delicious SANE Ice-Creams, check out Carrie Brown’s Carrie Brown | Eat Smarter! Ice Creams Cookbook.