- 1/3 second Spray Coconut Oil
- 3/4 cup half Pecans
- 4 ounces Unsweetened Baking Chocolate Squares
- 1/3 cup Tap Water
- 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1/4 cup SANE Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 cup Almond Flour
- 2 1/4 cups Xylitol
- 12 large Eggs (Whole)
- 2 teaspoons Ginger (Ground)
- 1/4 teaspoon Coconut Cream
Total Time: 1hr 5 min
Prep: 20 min
Cook: 45 min
- Preheat over to 350°F. Toast pecans in an even layer on a cookie sheet for 8 minutes. Cool, coarsely chop the pecans and set aside.
- Lower oven to 325°F. Grease the bottom of a 10-inch tube pan, and line with parchment or waxed paper.
- Place chocolate and the water in a microwavable bowl; microwave on high 1 to 2 minutes, until chocolate is melted, checking at 1-minute intervals. Stir until smooth, cool to lukewarm, then stir in oil; set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse pecans, SANE Cocoa Powder and almond flour until pecans are finely ground. In a large bowl, beat egg yolks with cup xylitol on high speed with an electric mixer, until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Stir in melted chocolate, pecan mixture and ginger.
- In another large bowl, beat egg whites and coconut cream on medium-high speed with an electric mixer, until frothy. Gradually add remaining xylitol, beating until stiff peaks form. With a rubber spatula, fold one-third of the meringue into the yolk mixture to lighten; fold in the remaining meringue until just combined.
- Pour batter evenly in prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Allow cake to cool for 30 minutes before removing from pan.
- To remove: Run a knife around the inner and outer rim of cake, place a wire rack or plate over pan, and invert. Remove pan, and peel off paper. Cool completely before cutting into 16 servings.