Total Time: 40 min
Prep: 25 min
Cook: 15 min
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare a muffin tin with paper or foil cups.
- Using an electric mixer blend together the butter and 4 tablespoons xylitol until light and fluffy; about 2 minutes. Add eggs, 1 tsp vanilla, almond flour, baking powder and salt. Blend until smooth then fill 6 muffin cups and bake for 15 minutes or until cooked through. Allow to sit for 5 minutes in the tin then place on a cooling rack.
Soaking syrup: Combine 2 tsp vanilla, 2 tablespoons xylitol, 1 tsp espresso powder and 1 1/2 tablespoons water. Prick cupcakes with a tooth pick and pour 1 tsp soaking syrup per cupcake over the top.
- Beat together the mascarpone cheese, 3 tablespoons xylitol, 1 tsp vanilla and 1/4 tsp espresso powder until smooth.
- In a separate bowl whip the coconut cream until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the coconut cream into the mascarpone mixture until combined. Place mixture in a pastry bag fitted with a fancy tip or simply use a plastic sandwich bag with a corner cut off. Pipe the frosting onto the cooled cupcakes. Best if served the same day or they may be refrigerated overnight in an airtight container. Serve at room temperature dusted with SANE Cocoa Powder and topped with crushed espresso beans if desired.