Total Time: 25 min
Prep: 15 min
Cook: 10 min
Yield: 30 cookies, one serving = 2 cookies
by Carrie Brown (enjoy more recipes and amazing cook books by Carrie)
- Place the softened butter, xylitol, baking powder, xanthan gum, and sea salt in a mixing bowl and cream together with a hand or stand mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla, almond milk, and egg, and mix well until completely combined.
- In a separate bowl place the almond flour (ground almonds), coconut flour, and konjac flour and mix well.
- Add half of the flours into the butter mixture with the mixer, then add the rest of the flour with a spatula until it is completely incorporated into a dough.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap or place in a ziplock bag and put in the ‘fridge for at least two hours to become firm.
- Take the dough out of the ‘fridge and carefully roll out to 1/8′ – 1/4’ thick using a little almond flour to stop it sticking to the work surface or the rolling pin.
- Use the cutter of your choice to cut out the dough. I used a 2″ round plain cutter.
- Place the cookies on a baking sheet 1″ apart.
- Bake in the center of the oven at 350F for 10 – 12 minutes – until they are barely starting to brown a little.
- Remove from the oven and leave on the tray until the cookies have firmed up enough to move without breaking or getting mis-shapen.
- Using a flat spatula, move the cookies carefully onto a cooling rack to cool completely
Optional: To get the sugar effect pictured, sprinkle the cookies with extra xylitol after they have cooled.